The Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA Pet Food Pantry is one of the many ways the SPCA is working to increase pet retention in the Charlottesville and greater Albemarle community. Financial insecurity is one of the leading causes of pet surrenders. The SPCA hopes to address this by reducing the cost of pet care through free food. SPCA volunteers bag, transport, and pass out dog and cat food at local food pantries as a way to reach those who may be struggling.
In need of pet food supplies?
Onsite Pet Pantry Procedure
- Pet pantry access is by appointment only. We ask that individuals who need pet food support fill out the form below or call 434-973-5959. This is to help staff members prepare food in advance and limit interaction with the public. You will be contacted by a staff member confirmed your appointment, and the pet supplies will be left outside of the shelter for you.
- We ask for people coming to provide evidence of public assistance.
Offsite Pet Pantry Procedure
- SPCA volunteers are no longer attending pantries and are instead just dropping food off for distribution. Volunteers drop off food at Loaves and Fishes twice a week and Buck Mountain Episcopal Church twice a month.
- Buck Mountain Episcopal Church
- 4133 Earlysville Rd, Earlysville, VA 22936
- On the fourth Tuesday of every month, from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m., AND on the second Wednesday of every month, from 4:00 to 6:00 p.m.
- Please call 434-973-2054 to confirm hours and that pet food is available.
- Loaves and Fishes
- 2050 Lambs Road
- Charlottesville, VA 22901
WED 2:00-4:00 PM | THUR 6:30-8:30 PM | SAT 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Please call 434-996-7868 to confirm hours and that pet food is available.
How to support the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA’s Pet Food Pantry
- We accept all dry or canned dog, cat, kitten and puppy food! You can ship to us from Amazon or Chewy to 3355 Berkmar Drive, Charlottesville, or you can drop off donations outside the front door of the shelter. Thank you!