- Puppies and kittens too young for adoption.
- Animals recovering from an illness or injury.
- Adult animals in need of a break from the stress of living in a shelter environment.
- Foster animals offer temporary companionship without the lifetime commitment.
- You become a part of a lifesaving team of foster caregivers and CASPCA staff.
- You get the satisfaction of knowing you helped a homeless animal on their journey to find their forever home.
- As a foster caregiver, you are your foster animal’s biggest advocate. You can help market them for adoption.
- The insight and feedback foster parents learn about their foster animals is invaluable. Frequently, animals are stressed in a shelter setting. By spending time with a foster, CASPCA staff can learn how animals behave in a loving home.
- The CASPCA will provide you with all the supplies and support to be a successful foster parent!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434.973.5959 x205.
2) Attend a Foster Training Session. Training is offered on the second Saturday of every month at 10 am at the shelter on Berkmar Drive, in our Basement Training Room. Training will last 45 minutes and will give you all the tools you need to be a successful foster parent.
3) Check out our FAQs for more information.
Here are helpful video lessons for foster families:
VIDEO: Tips for Fostering Shy Cats
VIDEO: How to Bottle Feed a Kitten