Become a lifesaving partner. Foster caregivers help the CASPCA save lives by opening their home to animals in need. Foster parents allow our animals to receive extra care and attention. Animals in need of foster care include:
- Puppies and kittens too young for adoption.
- Animals recovering from an illness or injury.
- Adult animals in need of a break from the stress of living in a shelter environment.
Why should you become a foster caregiver?
- Foster animals offer temporary companionship without the lifetime commitment.
- You become a part of a lifesaving team of foster caregivers and CASPCA staff.
- You get the satisfaction of knowing you helped a homeless animal on their journey to find their forever home.
Help animals find their forever home!
- As a foster caregiver, you are your foster animal’s biggest advocate. You can help market them for adoption.
- The insight and feedback foster parents learn about their foster animals is invaluable. Frequently, animals are stressed in a shelter setting. By spending time with a foster, CASPCA staff can learn how animals behave in a loving home.
Fostering is easy!
- The CASPCA will provide you with all the supplies and support to be a successful foster parent!
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 434.973.5959 x205.
Here are helpful video lessons for foster families:
VIDEO: Tips for Fostering Shy Cats
VIDEO: How to Bottle Feed a Kitten