In keeping with CDC guidelines regarding the spread of COVID-19, we are requiring appointments for meeting with adoptable animals.
In addition, per state guidelines, everyone over the age of 10 must wear a face mask when they enter the building.
Note: Submitting an application indicates interest and does not place the animal on hold. We are unable to offer a waiting list for animals in care.
How to Adopt
Step 1: Submit an Adoption Application
● Please take a look at the adoptable animals below, and if you see one you are interested in, submit an online application using either of the following links.
● Submitting an application does not guarantee adoption and does not place the animal on hold.
Step 2: We Schedule Your Appointment
● Our Adoption Counselors will review your application and get back to you as quickly as possible, but due to a higher than usual volume of calls, emails, and applications, our response time is slower than normal. Our goal is to find the right match for each animal, so we are happy to answer any questions you may have about the available animals.
● If the animal you are interested in is at the shelter, we will schedule an in-person appointment for you to meet the animal on-site.
● If the animal you are interested in is in a foster home, we will connect you with the foster via email to set up a virtual appointment or coordinate a time to meet at the shelter.
● If the animal you expressed interest in already has appointments scheduled, we will contact you to discuss other options.
Step 3: Adopt Your New Pet!
● Adoptions are processed only after the applicant has met with the animal either through a virtual meeting or by appointment at the shelter.
● If you have met the animal at the shelter and want to adopt, you can do so that day! Our Adoption Counselors will finalize the paperwork and process payment. All dogs must leave with a collar and a leash, and all cats must leave in a carrier.
● If you have spoken with an animal’s foster family and wish to adopt, please reply to the email from our Adoption Counselors, who will process the adoption paperwork and payment electronically.