Thank you very much for your interest in volunteering with the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA. We welcome young people ages 14-17 who can commit to a minimum of twelve service hours over three consecutive months. You may fulfill your school community service requirement by volunteering at the SPCA. Please click here if you have court ordered community service. We are excited that you want to help the animals and we look forward to having you volunteer.
About the Junior Volunteer Program:
- For youth ages 14-17 and high school students (even if you are 18 years old) who want to fulfill required school community service.
- Must commit to a minimum of twelve service hours over three consecutive months.
- Youth must be mature, responsible, self-directed and care deeply for animals.
Some Examples of Junior Volunteer Tasks:
- laundry (wash, dry, sort and put away)
- sweep/mop lobby floors and hallways
- clean up throughout landscaping (scoop dog waste and pick up trash)
- refill treat buckets
- clean kennels (assisting a staff person)
- scoop and clean cat and kitten cages (assisting a staff person)
- clean small animal cages and fill water bottles
- enjoy some time with kittens and puppies
To join our Junior Volunteer Team:
1. Fill out the volunteer application form.
2. Attend the Junior Volunteer Orientation that you selected on your Volunteer Application. Please be on time for your orientation, as you will not be allowed in the orientation once it has started. It is your responsibility to remember to attend the orientation; you will not be sent a reminder. Please attend the Junior Volunteer Orientation that you select on your Volunteer Application.
Jr. Volunteer Orientations are usually held on:
The 1st Saturday of each month at 9:00 a.m. (except August and October )
Completing volunteer orientation (training) is mandatory to become an SPCA volunteer.
3. Please print and bring this waiver to your training session. The waiver must be signed by your parents or legal guardian before you can sign up for volunteer shifts.
4. During orientation, you will sign up for scheduled shifts. Generally, shifts for junior volunteers are on weekdays from 4-6pm and on weekends either 10 AM-12 PM or 4-6 PM.
If you have any questions, please email.