By altering your pet, you contribute to the effort of reducing the number of unwanted pets in our community.
The Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA offers high quality, low cost spay/neuter services for low and middle income individuals. The clinic has spayed and neutered more than 32,000 dogs and cats that otherwise would have produced thousands of unwanted puppies and kittens.
Spay/neuter service prices for Charlottesville/Albemarle Residents:
(click here if you live in a surrounding county)
• Cat -
$65 - FREE!
• Dog -
$80 - $30!
• Pitbulls and Pitbull mixes – Free spay/neuter (Vaccines extra charge)
Rabies and Distemper vaccines are available at the time of surgery for $10 each.
If you would like to make an appointment, please fill out our spay/neuter application and someone will call you to confirm your appointment day. Spay/neuter appointments are made Monday-Friday. Pets must be brought into the SPCA between 8:15 – 8:45 AM and pick-up time is between 5:00 – 6:00 PM. Dogs must be on leash and cats must be in a carrier. Please clearly label the carrier with the animal’s name and your last name. Please read the Pre and Post surgery instructions.
If you have any questions, please call our spay/neuter line at 434-964-3333.
Support Our Clinic
Please consider sponsoring a surgery. Your gift of love will help reduce the number of homeless pets in our community.
- Spaying or neutering your pets improves both their health and behavior. They will NOT become lazy or fat, lack of exercise does that.
- It discourages annoying habits like cats spraying and dogs mounting and marking.
- It reduces the urges to roam and fight which means your pet will be less likely to become lost, injured or hit by a car.
- It saves money on future vet bills. Fewer injuries and accidents mean less vet bills.
- It saves your pet from mammary cancer (females) and prostate and testicular cancer (males).
- It means lower licensing fees.
- It eliminates sexual frustration and the risk of pregnancy and birth (which is greater than the risk of surgery).