- Have your birthday party at the SPCA and instead of your friends bringing gifts for you, they could bring gifts for the animals. See our wish list.
- Recycle: Collect aluminum cans, sell them to the local recycling center and donate the funds received.
- Bake and sell homemade dog treats. Sell them at church, school, to your neighbors, etc. and donate the proceeds to the SPCA. Approved recipes.
- Ask your parents if your family would like to become a foster family for kittens or puppies.
- Help us get the word out about the Charlottesville-Albemarle SPCA (we will provide flyers to hand out) to encourage more people to adopt from the SPCA and to spay/neuter their pets!
- Donate gently used items that you no longer need to the SPCA Rummage Store.
- Conduct a “wish list” drive to gather items that we need.
- Make and donate Do-It-Yourself cat projects. Fleece blankets are needed for both cats and dogs.
- Make and donate or make and sell (and donate proceeds) fleece dog toys. Learn how here.
If you have any questions, please email our Humane Educator.